Friday, September 18, 2009

....Words to say

How do you communicate with someone when you don't have the right words to say? When they mix up all that you said in their own mind? I heard this song last night which sounded familiar in that my mind wanders away from where I am and miss the voice that I am to hear. I so not want to be there trying to make someone else understand me but it's not me they are to see but the One who speaks through me. May I not be stuck in the moment of frustration but allow Him to speak to me.

"Quiet my Heart"
by Brooke Barrettsmith from the album Brooke Barrettsmith

My mind wanders away
Dreaming of where I could be on another day
I'm always so far ahead
I seem to miss the one that I'm in
And I regret the time I lost
Slow me down before it's gone

Right here in the moment I'm given
I'll treasure the breath that I breathe in
And I'll rest in You
You quiet my heart
Somehow every second that's passing
Is filled so much meaning
As I wait here with You
Quiet my heart

I get stuck in between
Yesterday and all that tomorrow brings
When all that You want from me
Is that I come and sit at your feet
And know that You are God
And with You no time is lost

Don't let me run away
Show me why I should stay
Open my eyes to take in Your beauty
Keep me here in this place
Take me in Your embrace
There's no place I'd rather be than right now.

In His footsteps
Stephanie

1 comment:

Bina said...

I love those lyrics....and I love your willingness to examine your own heart. It is inspiring! :)