Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Lord is with me

Today was a good day. Other than a little migraine and some weird numbness going on, today was an overall good day. I come home and a wave of hopelessness hits me. Why does this happen? Why can't it go smoothly and my mind just keep on the right track in thinking of the peace that God has been giving me over the past few days? The utter sense of Him being with me that covered me on Sunday warming my soul. My body now cries out within me and says "why am I here, Lord?".

You are a great and mighty God,
You know me inside and out.
You chose me before the creation of this world.
You knew all my thoughts and the battles of good and evil.
You are always with me.
I am never alone.
May the thoughts that wage within me
Hear the small still voice of your whisper saying "I am here".
Lift my eyes to You as the tears of my heartache are brushed away by your loving touch.


I know this hopelessness that seems to come over me is the thorn in my side You have set in me that reminds me of You.

In His footsteps
Stephanie



1 comment:

Bina said...

Beautiful vulnerability, my friend.